Alot of Snow! Road hazzard... Warning- be carefull of where you park. Be prepared!
Give The Fire Department the Right of Way! Pay Attention to your Surroundings!
SMART CARS VS TRUCK - Drunk driving results.... No survivors in car...
Car vs Truck -No one in the car survived this accident. Talking on the cell phone...
A Dozen Tips to Ride By:
1. Headlights are required, nust be mounted between 24 and 54 inches above the roadway, and must have high and low beam settings (RCW 46.37.523).
2. Lights must be on when the motorcycle is in motion (RCW 46.37.522).
3. Brakes are required on both wheels (RCW 46.37.527, 46.37.528).
4. Tail lamps, license plate light, reflectors, and stop lamp are required (RCW 46.37.525).
5. A Blue or purple insert is allowed in the tail lamp [RCW 46.37.100(3)].
6. Left and right side mirrors, eye protection, helmet required; No passengers under five permitted (RCW 46.37.530).
7. Standards for Eye Protection- Tinted eye protection legal for daytime use only (WAC 204-10-026).
8. Modifications to exhaust system is prohibited (RCW 46.37.537).
9. Additional requirements are relating to horns, mufflers, smoke, excessive noise, mirrors and tire (RCW 46.37.539).
10. License plate must be attached conspicuously at the rear of the motorcycle and mounted horizontally (RCW 46.16.240).
11. Handlebars may be no higer than 30 inches above the seat (RCW 46.61.611).
12. Each rider must have a seat and foot pegs. One foot must be on each side of the motorcycle (RCW 46.61.610, RCW 46.61.612).
RULES OF THE ROAD:
Speeding: exceeding the posted limit, or speed to fast for the weather, traffic highway conditions (RCW 46.61.400).
Lane use: Must stay entirely within one lane unless making a lane change; may ride 2 abreast; splitting lanes and riding on the shoulders are prohibited [RCW 46.6.140(1), 46.61.608, 46.61.670]
Negligent Driving 1st Degree: driving in a manner which is likely to endanger any person or property while exhibiting the effects of liquor or drugs (RCW 46.61.5249).
DUI: Driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs (RCW 46.61.502).
Reckless driving: driving in willful and wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property. Racing and exhibition of speed are evidence of reckless driving (RCW 46.61.465, 46.61.500, 46.61.530)